Depending on the customer’s requirements prototype or low-volume production parts can potentially be 3D printed, vacuum cast or injection moulded.
We work with Rapid Prototyping companies in the UK and China who are able to assess and advise on the most cost-effective methods to produce parts of the correct quality.
Our toolmaking partners will typically be able to mould low-volume production in-house which will be quality-checked and managed on a door-to-door basis.
Similar to production trial runs, but cycle times may be extended due to manual tooling. (loose inserts etc)
- Prototype runs could be for low-volume production where quality levels are expected to be very high.
- Other applications are to produce fit & function parts for testing.
Our project manager will attend to ensure the following:
- Material and ancillary inserts are available and used effectively during the trial.
- A suitable moulding press is being used
- Cycle times are consistent across the batch
- Parts are untrimmed unless specified
- The quantity of parts produced is correct to order
- Parts are packed and protected adequately for transit